Using Tabbed Dialog Boxes

General discussion about the Phantom Automation Language and related tools.

Using Tabbed Dialog Boxes

Postby SpiritualMadMan on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Ok, so some of us are still supporting legacy code.

Here's the problem when selecting a tab in a VB-6 Tabbed Dialog Box which has more than one row of tabs,

The Row of the selected Tab moves to the botton row.

This changes the co-ordinates of all the other tabs.

I don't see any way to capture the Tab Names or Tab Indexes which would make things a lot easier.

I've tried creating a DEC file by using Append and clicking on each different tab.

But, all I get is the initial structure.

In code they individual Tabs 0 through 6

In Name they are Tab One through Tab Seven

Any help?
SpiritualMadMan

Re: Using Tabbed Dialog Boxes

Postby john on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Hello-

I am not sure I understand what you are explaining. Are you saying that when recording a tab in the window declarations recorder, the tab contents are not recorded properly? Physical indices of the tabs should stay the same based on a test I just ran on a multi-row tab. Are you using SelectTab (see 'SelectTab' in the phantom documentation)? If you use SelectTab (instead of MouseClick), you do not need to track the tab coordinates.

Also, when recording declarations, *some* applications do not create the contents of a tab until the tab is selected. To ensure all the contents are recorded by the declarations recorder, select all the tabs once before recording the declarations file. This will ensure all of the contents exist and are therefore recorded.

I hope this helps!

-John
john

Re: Using Tabbed Dialog Boxes

Postby SpiritualMadMan on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:05 pm

OK Have been trying to understand the PageList(TabCtrl) Class functionality.

I have Tabbed Controls that are showing up as SSTabCtlWndClass

When I try to use ...SSTabCtlWndClass.getCount(); I am errored that it is not a part of that Class

Also, ...SSTabCtlWndClass.SelectTab();

Same thing when trying to iterate through the tabs and disp their Tab names using ...SSTabCtlWndClass.GetTabtext(i);

I have even tried defining SSTabCtlWndClass as PageList, CTabCtrl and as SysTabCtrl32

Got any ideas?
SpiritualMadMan

Return to Phantom